In our Elite Mind 365 program, we did a marketing workshop with our students. Steph taught them a strategy called the “client win” email strategy where you share stories of your clients’ wins.
Interestingly, this idea was met with a lot of resistance. Our students had a hard time accepting the idea of sharing their clients’ success stories, because they were afraid to come across as bragging.
For many people growing up middle class, it wasn’t okay to talk about how good you are or to brag about anything. You were actually supposed to hide the things you were good at. This exactly is why many business owners keep themselves hidden today. Even on their websites, very few people have testimonials above the fold. This is another way to stay hidden, small, and safe.
Celebrating your wins and sharing them with the right people can actually be a growth experience. And sharing your client wins is one of the most effective forms of marketing to grow your business.
In this episode, Steph and I discuss:
- Why social proof is the most effective form of marketing—because people can identify with the stories by saying, “I want that,” or “I don’t want that,” which then justifies their purchase
- How showcasing how you help people allows others to see possibility for themselves
- How many people didn’t get celebrated in their life as a kid growing up—instead, they were shamed, guilted, ostracized, and ridiculed for outshining others
- How the feeling of being confused indicates you’re in self-sabotage (a strategy your subconscious mind uses to keep you exactly where you are)
- Why I believe we must continually work on our self-esteem, or society will rip it apart
- Steph’s experience shopping on Amazon for a donut pan that had 19,000 reviews
When it comes to your products or services, you always want people to say, “Yes, I want that,” or “No, I don’t want that.” You never want them to be stuck in the middle, saying, “I don’t know what I want.”
If you’ve ever said, “I don’t want to self-promote; I don’t want to brag; I don’t want to seem conceited”…this episode is for you!
Plus, Steph, BT, and I chat about our favorite donuts and how the industry makes a ‘hole’ lot of money annually.
Links & Additional Successful Mind Resources
Interested in finding out what type of leader you are? Click the link below to pinpoint exactly what leadership style suits you best and how you can make the most out your skills to grow in business.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with Life is Now! You can find us on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: