Dave Crenshaw is the author of the bestselling book, The Myth of Multitasking. He specializes in productive leadership, helping individuals and organizations become as productive as they can possibly be. He also is a consultant to Fortune 500 companies.
After being diagnosed with “freaking-off-the-charts ADHD,” Dave went on a journey to learn more about productivity. He created a system to help himself get organized; then he started teaching it to others. That was 20 years ago; today his 30+ online courses on LinkedIn Learning have tens of millions of downloads.
In this episode you’ll learn that:
- Most people spend less than 25% of their day doing their most valuable activities… and over 75% of their day doing things that are worth less—driving their value down every minute they work
- Multitasking causes you to make more mistakes, increase your stress levels, and causes tasks to take longer to complete
- The average person loses 28-35% of their day due to interruptions and the recovery time associated with those interruptions (the equivalent of one work week every year)
- Multitasking (AKA “switch tasking”) has a negative effect on your relationships, because you make people think they’re unimportant
- Solving the problem of “attention switches” (otherwise known as “the classic squirrel”) frees up a ton of time
- Your goal shouldn’t be to make multitasking your superpower—but instead, to make focusing your superpower
Dave also shares a quick exercise you can do to see how much time multitasking is costing you.
If you think multitasking is your superpower, don’t miss today’s episode!
Links & Resources
Connect & Learn with Dave Crenshaw:
- Website – https://davecrenshaw.com/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/davecrenshaw/
- Courses – https://www.DaveCrenshaw.com/learn
More productivity & focused inspired episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: