There’s something most, if not all, entrepreneurs deal with once they’ve hit a certain level of success. That is, they must improve their identity.
People who become successful in life usually have several major identity transformations that they make along the way. Karl Lagerfeld, for example, changed his look to become the best designer in the world. He sculpted himself into the image of the person he saw himself becoming. He was fantastic about letting go of his past. Hugh Hefner changed himself and reinvented himself seven times, in order to stay relevant through the years.
It’s different for everyone. You may need to change or upgrade your identity multiple times throughout your life, in order to grow your business.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How one of our clients is on track to make $1 million—and she’s having a hard time seeing how she can expand, because she’s still viewing herself as a “beginning business owner” and still scraping by, living on a shoestring budget—she isn’t yet seeing herself as a multimillion dollar law firm owner
- Why it’s hard to hit the million dollar mark if you’re still in the “doing” of your business, working really hard, being in the weeds
- Why the problem isn’t the lack of a plan—it’s that you’re in resistance to doing something that will lead you to implementing the plan
- How your identity and the way you see yourself is based on your value system
- Why you must become the thing you want to acquire
- How transitioning from being in a job to being an entrepreneur requires a completely different mindset and a shift in how you see yourself
- The major differences between an employee mindset and an entrepreneurial mindset
As we head into 2023, ask yourself, “Who do I want to be?” It’s not just about the things you do—it’s about the person you want to become. What are the changes you need to make over the course of next year to become that person?
Links & Additional Resources
Interested in finding out what type of leader you are? Click the link below to pinpoint exactly what leadership style suits you best and how you can make the most of your skills to grow in business.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with Life is Now! You can find us on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: