Are you looking for ways to boost sales in your business? Listen to this 5-part series titled, “The Inner Game of Sales.” You’ll learn tips and tricks to boosting your income in a short period of time. These tips will make selling easier, more profitable, and more fun. To get the best results, please listen to and study all 5 episodes. This is part 2 of 5.
Most people who grew up in a middle-class, blue-collar family have negative associations about salespeople, and therefore don’t feel comfortable with sales. The only people who were taught that sales are amazing tend to be those who grew up in an entrepreneurial family.
Your internal “stories” and beliefs about sales are controlling your ability to influence other people during sales conversations. If you want to change this, you need to get comfortable with influencing people—which starts with how you view sales, and the questions you ask people.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Your job as a salesperson is to influence people and help them say “yes” to what they want
- Everybody wants something; they just have a difficult time getting to it inside of themselves
- The number one question to ask in a sales conversation is, “What do you want?”
- The goal of a sales conversation is NOT to convince anyone of anything; it’s to create a safe space for them to say “yes” to what they want—and to help them understand why they want to do something
- Most of us resist being “told” something; but everyone is programmed to answer questions
- If you have someone’s engagement—if you have them volunteering information to you—you’re influencing them
- If there’s something “off” in your subconscious mind about how YOU feel about money, sales, or even yourself—you’ll have a value conflict and a “double binding message” that will cause the person not to want to buy from you
It’s amazing how often we talk ourselves out of doing something good for ourselves. The statistics around this are unbelievable. As a salesperson, if you understand this phenomenon, you can help people avoid doing that to themselves—by influencing them to say “yes” to what they truly want.
Stay tuned next week for part 3 of this 5-part series!
Links & Resources
Episode 416 – The Inner Game of Sales – Part I: Having the Right Mindset Around Sales
Everybody wants something; they just have a difficult time finding exactly what that is. Get on the right track with more sales focused episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 333 – The Psychology of Sales
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: