**Spoiler: If you plan on reading Will, please come back to this episode after you’ve read the book. We will be discussing some specific details in today’s episode.**
Today we’re diving into Will Smith’s career, his new autobiography, and how he “gets” universal truth. Will Smith is one of the biggest movie stars in the world, having been in eight #1 movies in a row—a record. His success was entirely orchestrated. It didn’t happen by accident, chance, or luck.
From an early age, his father taught him what to be, and what not to be. His father put discipline into his subconscious mind very early on, and this carried him far.
In this episode, BT and I discuss:
- The story of the wall—how Will’s dad had him and his brother build a wall that seemed impossible to finish, yet they did it in a year by laying one brick at a time
- In order to pull off what you set out to do, you must have discipline and “lay each brick perfectly” (this follows the law of cause and effect)
- How a trip to the Five & Dime to pick up cigarettes for his dad taught Will, “When you’re given a mission, you either you complete the mission or you die”
- The birth of “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and why you must be in the right place at the right time, always ready for the opportunity
- How saying, “I can’t do this; I’m not ready” is a way to pass up life-changing opportunities
- How role in The Matrix might have gone to Will Smith instead of Keanu Reeves
- The advice Arnold Schwarzenegger gave to Will when asked, “I want to be the best movie star in the world—what do I do?”
Everything in life changes, and you need to prepare yourself BEFORE it changes, so that you’re not stuck in a down cycle. You can’t just rest on your laurels. Will Smith is consistently preparing himself for the next thing, while knowing that nothing he’s currently doing will last forever.
I highly recommend reading Will, the autobiography. Do yourself a favor and get the audio version of it, because he sings and does all sorts of fun voices.
Links & Resources
Want more Universal Truth in your life? Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your audio podcast feed. We recently dropped our first episode in David’s series on Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you over there!
Everything in life changes, and you need to prepare yourself BEFORE it changes. Words to live by, along with listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: