One of the most common things we hear growing up is, “Why should I hire someone to do it, if I can do it myself for free?” But as entrepreneurs, the only way we can grow is if we receive support and hire help.
Business owners only have so much time in a day. There are only so many tasks you can manage, and only so many people you can talk to. So if you want to grow and scale your business, you must delegate and allow yourself to receive support. The problem is, we’re raised with the idea that we must be a “self-made” person and do everything ourselves. This idea comes from the working class mindset.
In this episode, Steph Tuss and I discuss:
- Why people have difficulty being supported in their business—and why so many are a “one-person show,” doing everything themselves and wearing all the hats (and this prevents them from scaling and growing)
- How some people get their value from doing everything themselves at the expense of their self-esteem (and how this boils down to a “core wound” issue that says, “I’m not enough”)
- Why my decision to sell my John Deere tractor and never cut my own grass again led to “more life” for three different people (myself included)
- How hiring help gives other people and yourself an opportunity for growth—because it’s all for more life
- How there’s shame associated with asking for help
- Steph’s experience with starting a nutrition business with the goal of replacing her teacher’s salary—and how she discovered she could increase her earning capacity if she took specific things off her plate
Plus, we share an exercise to uncover the excuses you have that are rooted in fear, that are causing you NOT to hire the help you need. Learn the importance of scaling your business today.
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 529 – Lessons on Leadership – Part I – Scaling: The Key to Scaling Your Business
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can now binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Scaling your business is not as hard as you think. Get a leg up on the process and find your truth by diving into these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
Episode 317 – What’s The Truth? Growing Your Business From Zero to Hero
Episode 307 – What’s The Truth? Overcoming Lack & Discomfort When Scaling Your Business
Episode 284 – What’s The Truth? Business Blindspots Keeping You Stuck
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: