If you’re going through your life, experiencing the same problems over and over again, not getting the results you want —chances are, your parents and your grandparents also had those same problems. We’re all programmed to be a certain way, and unless you take the time to study a new way of being and doing things, you’ll stay stuck in the program.
If you want to advance your life , make it better, and become a success, you have to study. Specifically, you have to study where you’re going.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Human beings are supposed to learn from their mistakes, get better, and move forward—and when we don’t do that, something else is driving our behavior
- If you keep repeating the same problems over and over again, you most likely have a core wound at play
- There’s something you can take away from every successful person’s story that will make your life better—and if you’re not interested in a particular lesson, you could be shutting yourself off and avoiding going to some place inside of yourself
- The idea of “life isn’t fair” comes from a cancerous sense of entitlement growing in our society
- We’re not entitled to anything—if you want something in this life, you have to work towards it to become it
- You must accept yourself for who you are, how you want to live, and what you want to believe in, regardless of what other people think
- Consciously, we always have a choice as to how we feel
If you don’t study, you’re never going to know any of this.
I’ve always had a process of studying. It always comes back to answering these two questions: “Where am I going in my career?” and “What is it that I’m doing?”
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Inside Episode 385: Study Where You’re Going
The Successful Mind Podcast – Episode 155: The Edge of Uncertainty
The Beautiful Fall – Alicia Drake
The Revolt of the Public – Martin Gurri
The Evolution of Desire – David Buss
More episodes that add purpose to your personal growth journey from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 078 – Seven Years of Study
Episode 278 – How to Choose Beyond Your Programming – Part I
Episode 279 – How to Choose Beyond Your Programming – Part II
If you enjoy the show, would you please leave a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: