In the Tao, the Bhagavad Gita, and most religions, there’s the idea of non-attachment. However, many people misunderstood what it means.
Non-attachment means everything comes into our life, then moves out of it. Nothing ever stays. It’s the flow of life. But when we become attached to something in an unhealthy way, that’s when we create pain and fear.
The fear often makes us ask, “What happens if we don’t get the outcome we want? What happens if it leaves? What happens if it’s wrong or something goes wrong?”
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Everything in business is about a result—something either works, or it doesn’t
- We can drive ourselves crazy by getting hung up on the most minute things
- Your subconscious mind doesn’t want to experience the unknown—it hijacks the process and throws your self-image, fears, and insecurity into it
- We get attached to the result because we attach it to our self-image, other people’s acceptance or rejection, or our success
- “If you’re not concerned about the outcome of circumstances, you will experience no fear”
In business, you shouldn’t be focused on making the sale or making the money. Instead focus on, “Did that conversation work? Did that marketing campaign work? Did that reach-out work? If it didn’t, let’s change it and do something different.”
“It either worked or it didn’t.” The phone call either worked or it didn’t. The person either said yes or they didn’t.
Success is that simple. If this thing didn’t work, let’s try something else.
Links & Resources
Success is simple. Tap into that rock solid mindset with more powerful episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: