Any time you’re trying make a change in your life, do something new, or get a different result, you usually bump up against “the terror barrier.” This is where your subconscious programming clashes with the new idea, possibility or result that you want to explore. It clashes against any new information you gather about how to obtain that result.
When people search for answers to a “new” question, often they’ll have a real dilemma going on in their mind. The programmed information that’s already in their mind is constantly trying to answer the question for them. But your programming won’t get you to the next level. It will only keep you at the level you’re at.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- “This can be as good as you want it to be, or as bad as you don’t want it to be”… so why not choose to show up happy, with joy and fun?
- If you’re miserable, the question is why are you choosing that experience?
- You can choose to change your perception on anything you’re doing
- No matter what we do in life, we’re always going to bump up against the terror barrier—because things change, and we may lose people
- Most people are thinking programmed thoughts all day long—they don’t realize they have a choice to think something different
- When you’re trying to get information from a new or different source, your subconscious mind doesn’t really want you to do this—so it tries to create confusion or conflict, so that you’ll quit
When you’re searching for answers to a new question, the question itself is often not in harmony with your old way of thinking (i.e., your programming)—they actually clash. Every person has a unique “unconscious sabotage” pattern that can screw with their thought process and make doubt, fear, and worry creep into their thinking.
The key is to be aware of this pattern with yourself. The next time you want to uplevel or create a new result—watch your subconscious mind as it tries to create confusion or conflict for you, so that you’ll give up.
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 514: Mindset Monday’s – Tackling The Terror Barrier
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
Uplevel yourself through the terror barrier and shift your existing paradigm with these powerful episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 176 – The Levels of Awareness
Episode 185 – The Terror Barrier
Episode 476 – The Desire to Succeed
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: