When I first started my business back in 1999, I made a conscious decision to become a master salesperson. I knew that if I could master this skill set, it would not only be a great benefit financially—it would also take out all the worry from my business . I made sales calls every day, even when I had small children at home.
Over time, I became aware of how salespeople got stuck in a mindset that caused them to back off of making sales. They used holidays, school time, seasons, and summertime as an excuse to stop making sales.
As a business owner, if you’re not making sales every day, you’re one step closer to going out of business.
In today’s episode BT and I discuss:
- Why, as a salesperson, you can’t buy into your own BS about why people won’t buy from you—people buy things every day, and it’s just a matter of reaching them and finding out what’s important to them in the moment
- Why entrepreneurs need to stop viewing their work as a “job”
- How to NOT let summertime interrupt your normal pattern of working at home—even if you have gardeners and leaf blowers outside your window
- How I kept myself motivated to make sales calls even amidst distractions and how we created rules and boundaries in our household based on our lifestyle (not based on what was normal for everybody else)
- Why I couldn’t allow holidays or the current season to become a reason or excuse as to why I couldn’t sell
- The importance of scheduling everything in your calendar—and making sure you’re working when it’s time to work and taking time off when it’s time to be off
As entrepreneurs, we’re always “on .” For business people, there are no vacations.
The calendar can be your greatest friend and a great productivity tool—or it can become a nightmare, if you’re not doing the things you’re scheduled to do.
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 513: Full Throttle Thursday – How to Avoid a Summer Slump
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can now binge the entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
Sales is the great equalizer. If you know how to sell you will never go without. Lock in your sales process with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
Episode 056 – You Were Born to Sell
Episode 333 – The Psychology of Sales
Episode 499 – Three Steps to Mastering Sales
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: