Very often, we have repetitive thoughts running through our mind over and over again where we can’t make decisions, and we’re stuck in fear. The voice in our head says we can’t or shouldn’t do something, and we’re reliving the past. It goes on and on, never-ending. One of the most common questions I get is, “How do I get this to stop?”
For a long time, my rescue dog, Ferguson, did crate spins where he constantly went in circles—because he was abused by his previous owner and was left in a crate constantly. A dog spinning like that is a physical representation of what happens in most people’s minds of what happens when we can’t come to a resolution about something. It becomes somewhat of a threat to us. Our mind doesn’t know what to do with it, because we’re not resolving it—so it spins.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Why we don’t see this repetitive, “stuck” behavior in nature unless humans get involved
- How my dog couldn’t get away from the people who were abusing it, but it still had an instinctive desire to move, because that’s in its DNA—that internal impulse is strong, regardless of the fact that it can’t go anywhere or logically think about it
- When humans keep suffering the same problem over and over again, it’s very similar to a dog spinning in its crate
- A lot of people live in the past
- The way to resolve the mental “spinning” is to condition your mind to the truth around the situation; give it a resolve—separate yourself from the thought and bring truth to it
- The illusion is that “because there’s movement, something’s happening,” but if there’s no clear outcome on your part, then you’re not really moving
When you’re experiencing the same problem over and over again—or having the same thought patterns repetitively—ask yourself, “Why am I thinking what I’m thinking? Why am I constantly repeating this thought process?”
To stop the spinning, ask, “What is my outcome? Where am I going? What’s the direction I’m moving in?” You must have a destination. The spinning will stop once you begin to move in a straight line. You have to retrain your mind to move in the direction you want it to go, every time.
Links & Resources
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Stop spinning and begin to move in a straight line with a little help from your friends at The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: