With everything going on in the country right now, we could all use more discussions on leadership. Today we’ve got Steph Tuss, CEO of Life is Now, Inc., on the podcast with her husband BT, and they’re discussing what it means to be a leader.
Many leaders today expect their team and employees to follow through on things, yet they themselves fail to follow through on their own expectations—because they’re not “being their word.” As a leader, you have to learn to lead yourself. In business, you either sink or swim. Leadership is about getting yourself to do the things you really don’t feel like doing, or that feel uncomfortable.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How Steph was called “bossy” as a kid, and how she embraced the role of a leader from an early age, starting with her standing up to bullies on the playground
- How she became the face of the teacher’s union in California in her early 20s—and how her role as President of the Teacher’s Association came about because she was dissatisfied with how everything was run
- Why Steph sees a “leader” not as someone who has authority, but as someone who represents other people; it’s not “you against them”—it’s you standing FOR them and WITH them
- How Steph and Brandon’s weekly grocery budget was only $125, with nothing left over, while they were living in a small house in midwestern Wisconsin—and yet even at that time, Steph became aware of the need to invest in herself
- How she transitioned away from the classroom and into a leadership position in her own nutrition business—and quickly ramped up to making six figures, thanks to working with several mentors
- The leadership lessonsSteph learned along the way, especially when it comes to leading yourself
Steph believes life and business are both an adventure. As with any adventure, there are risks. There are up times, down times, blown tires, heat waves—but there are also beautiful sunsets and sunrises. The idea is for you to enjoy the journey, develop yourself along the way, and develop other people.
Regardless of what conflict happens along the way, it’s about knowing that “We’re going to be okay.” No matter what happens—every mistake, every misstep, every bad result—know that, “We’re going to be okay.”
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 534 – What It Means To Be a Leader
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can now binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Life and business are an adventure. Get your ticket to ride by hopping aboard these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
Episode 193 – Leadership Defined
Episode 446 – Trust vs Magical Thinking: You Must Know the Difference
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: