Dr. Andrew Benedek is an entrepreneur who focuses on the idea of climate change. His current company, Anaergia, is designed to help offset climate change by generating “renewable natural gas” to replace the natural gas currently being used. His previous company developed technology for recycling water.
When it comes to climate change, many people believe the biggest problem is carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuel. Dr. Andrew Benedek says, “Methane is 84 times worse than carbon dioxide.” Food waste and organic waste that goes into landfills is being converted into methane—which then goes in the atmosphere. “The concentration of methane is low, but the impact is very significant. About 37% of the impact on climate change is due to the increase in methane in the atmosphere,” he says.
With increases in population, we have more and more landfills, especially in Asia. Dr. Andrew Benedek’s company is trying to convert methane from being a problem to a positive fuel replacement.
In this episode we discuss:
- How it’s remarkably difficult to change our fuel infrastructure, and it can take 60 years or more to do (e.g., solar power was invented 60 years ago, and today only 10% of the world’s energy in solar or wind)
- Why Dr. Andrew Benedek thinks “the problem with climate change is that it’s very complicated”—and that the current structure of government and the four-year cycle of American elections makes it difficult to solve the problem, because it causes a “short-term view”
- Why many technical people are frustrated, because they can see how things can be done, but they don’t know how to get technology commercialized
- How 25% of Denmark’s natural gas is renewable—and they plan to get to 100% renewable by 2030
- How government leadership and incentive can help us change infrastructure relatively quickly—yet at the same time, government often does not make a good business partner
- Why Dr. Andrew Benedek believes the secret to creating a successful company in the environmental space is to “pick a problem that’s not going to go away, but will increase”
We also discuss Ford’s plans to lay off 8,000 people, GM’s announcement that they won’t make anything but electric by 2035; and Volvo’s plans to go all electric by 2030. Dr. Andrew Benedek says “The tipping point is going to happen soon.”
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 537 Full Throttle Thursday – A Conversation with Dr. Andrew Benedek
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can currently binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
Listen to more episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
Episode 104 – Get Out of the Weeds
Episode 438 – Full Throttle Thursday – Epic Migrations & Bracing for the Armadillo Apocalypse
Episode 450 – Full Throttle Thursday – A Look Back On the Year That Was
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: