Are you looking for ways to boost sales in your business? Listen to this 5-part series titled, “The Inner Game of Sales.” You’ll learn tips and tricks to boosting your income in a short period of time. These tips will make selling easier, more profitable, and more fun. To get the best results, please listen to and study all 5 episodes. This is part 1 of 5.
My philosophy on sales is to have a simple conversation with people that takes them to a “yes” or a “no” right away. You’re either in or you’re out. Then we’re on to the next person. That’s it. This conversation has made me hundreds of millions of dollars over the years. My clients have made millions of dollars using these same teachings. And it’s not difficult.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- My story of how I started off in sales 22 years ago, and how a friend who was really good at sales helped me pinpoint what I was doing wrong in my conversations
- Making sales is about influencing a person to get very clear on one of two things—their “yes” or their “no”
- Anytime you make a sale, it changes the other person—and what matters most is why they’re doing it (not why you think they should do it)
- You either sell someone on the reasons why they CAN do it, or they’ll sell you on their reasons why they CAN’T do it
- If you’re having trouble closing the sale, it’s because you’re not selling the other person—they’re selling YOU on why they can’t buy
- How your emotional reactions are getting in the way of your sales—and why you need to break through your own internal resistance on asking someone to buy something
- What’s really happening when someone says, “Let me get back to you,” and then you never hear from them again
Plus, I share a simple exercise that will help you get past your own discomfort, so you show up powerful to a sales call: have 100 conversations in the next seven days, and stay on the phone until they either buy or hang up on you. I did this 22 years ago, and it had a magical effect on my sales. I started seeing the patterns that showed up, because I was having conversations back to back, almost 18 hours a day.
Your biggest challenge in sales is getting yourself straight—i.e., really understanding what’s going on inside of you, so that you can be the most powerful, compassionate, clear, communicative salesperson out there with extraordinary results.
Stay tuned next week for part 2 of this 5-part series!
Links & Resources
Take your sales next-level with these deep cuts from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 194 – David From The Stage: Sales Mastery Series – Sales is an Art
Episode 333 – The Psychology of Sales
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: