Are you looking for ways to boost sales in your business? Listen in its entirely this 5-part series titled, “The Inner Game of Sales.” You’ll learn tips and tricks to boosting your income in a short period of time. These tips will make selling easier, more profitable, and more fun. To get the best results, be sure to listen to and study all 5 episodes. This is part 5 of 5.
To get really good at sales, you need to have courage during your sales conversations. This means you need to be in control of what you’re doing, you need to be able to ask questions that might not seem very “nice,” and you need to be able to sit in the uncomfortable silence after you’ve asked a question. You need to be able to challenge people’s deeply held personal beliefs, and then ask for a commitment. All of that takes courage.
One of the fastest ways to become amazing at sales is to get over your own resistance. You must first overcome any challenges you have within yourself—including any limited beliefs you have around money, time, boundaries, or other things. You have to get a lot of things straight with YOU first, before you can influence someone else.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A sales conversation is NOT the place to have casual talk about anything unrelated to the sale
- A person’s mind is highly reactive to any stimulus, so talking about something casual is a distraction
- In a sales conversation, your job is to ask for the commitment
- Questions you can ask to get a person to make a commitment to go after what they want
- What it means when somebody tells you, “I don’t have enough money” (hint: it has to do with urgency)
- Why having a value conflict in your own mind about money (or other things) will cause you have a “double binding message,” which will kill the sale
- You must always convey the “impression of increase” during a sales call, so that people feel like YOU have the answer to their problem
- Why you should never try to get the other person to “like” you (they’ll think, “If this person’s like me, then they can’t really help me”)
To influence someone else, you must first be able to influence yourself. How much do YOU go after what you really want (versus just what you “need”)?
This concludes the 5-part series, “The Inner Game of Sales.” Be sure to listen to this series over and over in order to take your sales game to the TOP! See the links to the entire series below:
The Inner Game of Sales – Part I: Having the Right Mindset Around Sales
The Inner Game of Sales – Part II: The #1 Question to Ask During a Sales Conversation
The Inner Game of Sales – Part III: How to Take Control in the Sales Conversation
The Inner Game of Sales – Part IV: How to Create Urgency in the Sales Conversation
The Inner Game of Sales – Part V: The Key to Becoming an Amazing Salesperson
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast YouTube Channel – Episode 428 – The Inner Game of Sales Series – Part V : The Key To Becoming an Amazing Salesperson
Now that you’ve got all the tools it’s time to boost your sales and take your business to the next level. Start today with more sales specific episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 333 – The Psychology of Sales
Episode 194 – David From The Stage: Sales is an Art
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: