Your success is the equivalent of what you can get yourself to follow through on. What you follow through on, is a “dance” between what you desire the most and what you fear the most.
If you let fear stop you, then you stop. If you desire safety over uncertainty, adventure, and risk—then you let that desire for safety stop you. The idea is to push to another level and break through the fear—because that’s the only way you’ll grow.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Fear makes you instantly look at why you CAN’T do something—it wants you to look at the facts, the figures, and the past, which causes you to stop in your tracks
- How I learned to “recruit up” when I worked with a network marketing company—which means “find people who are more effective than you are and who have more influence”
- How I was able to recruit doctors by getting past gatekeepers and trying a new approach
- If something’s not working, you don’t give up—you change your approach
- Most salespeople are very concerned about rejection; superstar sales people don’t care about rejection—they’re completely driven, money focused, sales focused, and they want to put numbers up on the board
- Why sales people must be consistently resourceful to keep creating the numbers and the sales
- Going into a fear state won’t make you resourceful
Every day, your job is to break through fear in order to get yourself to do what you need to do to become as successful as you want to be. The only way to do that is by setting a higher standard for yourself—and immediately taking action on the opportunities that come to you.
If opportunities don’t come to you, then you have to create those opportunities.
Links & Resources
The Successful Mind Podcast on YouTube – Episode 521: Life’s a Dance Between Desire & Fear
Be sure to join me and my CEO, Steph Tuss, on June 20-22 for a never-before-seen 3-Day Bootcamp: “Work Smarter Not Harder Bootcamp for Entrepreneurs. We’re co-facilitating this bootcamp to help you find your focus, reclaim your day, and grow your business.
Reserve your COMPLIMENTARY spot here!
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
Break through your fears in order to do what you need to do to become successful by listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
Episode 453 – How to Trust Yourself in the Year Ahead
Inside Episode 333 – The Psychology of Sales
Episode 144 – Break it Down to the Ridiculous
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: