If you want to know the secret to closing more sales and have a consistent stream of income, you need to turn sales into a discipline—an ongoing process and habit in your business.
Inconsistent sales is a systemic problem. It reflects your mindset, urgency level, and skillset around sales. It also reflects your marketing and marketing cycle. Some businesses have a short marketing cycle, while others don’t see sales until 3-6 months after they’ve completed a marketing campaign. You need to know your market and your metrics in order to understand your marketing cycle.
In today’s episode, Steph and I discuss:
- How business owners get too comfortable, drag their feet, and delay in setting up systems and hiring the right people (which would create consistency in sales)
- How people take their foot off the gas because they get distracted—and this shows up in their sales one, two, or three months down the road
- Why you should know how to do sales yourself, before you bring on a salesperson
- The two most important skills in sales—listening and knowing what questions to ask
- Why you should shut up during a sales conversation—and after the person answers your question, you should ask them another question
Salespeople are the highest paid profession in the world. If you’re a competent sales person, there’s no limit to how much money you can earn.
Sales is a skill that involves listening, being quiet, quieting the voice in your mind with all the chatter going on—so you can really be present and hear what this person is telling you, and then be able to think through a response that’s adequate for moving them in the direction of “yes” or “no.
It takes discipline to keep the sales machine running. Dan Kennedy said that every day, you should do at least one activity that is a future sales-generating activity. Close a sale every day. Turn this into a habit in your business.
Links & Additional Successful Mind Resources
Interested in finding out what type of leader you are? Click the link below to pinpoint exactly what leadership style suits you best and how you can make the most out your skills to grow in business.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with Life is Now! You can find us on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: