This Episode Contains Massive Spoilers**
Jonah Hill recently released the Netflix documentary Stutz, in which he has a vulnerable conversation with his therapist Phil Stutz. The documentary is Jonah’s attempt to honor his therapist’s life, while also sharing his tools and demonstrating a real-life therapy session .
Within the first 20 minutes of the film, something feels off. Jonah comes clean with the audience, admitting that up until that point, they’ve spent two years trying to film the session. Jonah then shifts into vulnerability , which makes the rest of the documentary much more authentic .
Jonah & Phil Stutz don’t have a typical patient . But in this case, their relationship helped both of them heal dramatically.
In this episode, Steph and I discuss:
- The surprise twists that happen in the documentary—and “the big reveal” that takes place within the first 20 minutes that hooks you in and anchors you into what’s going on
- What stood out for both Steph and me about the film
- How therapists are trained to just sit across from someone and listen to their problems without interrupting or giving advice (and why Stutz says this is brutal)
- The tools Stutz gives to Jonah that seriously helped him in life, which anyone can use to quickly shift how they’re feeling
- How Stutz and Jonah both lost a brother—and how that experience completely disrupted Stutz’s life
- The three things that humans will always have—pain, uncertainty, and having to do the work
- How mistakes and pain are leading the way
Jonah and his therapist developed one hell of a relationship . I see it as kind of a love story that turned out to be a healing journey for both of them.
It shows that nobody has life all figured out —not even therapists. Everyone’s on a path of constant work, which means constant growth.
I highly recommend you watch this documentary and pay attention to what jumps out at you as you watch it.
Links & Additional Successful Mind Resources
Interested in finding out what type of leader you are? Click the link below to pinpoint exactly what leadership style suits you best and how you can make the most out your skills to grow in business.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with Life is Now! You can find us on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: